Had an Accident? Here’s What To Do:
1. File a police report OR get the other party’s information:
- If the accident occurred on public property, make sure the police make out a police report.
- If the accident happened on private property (i.e., parking lot) or it’s impossible to have the police come, exchange information by getting the other party’s:
- Insurance company’s name
- Policy number
- Driver’s license number
- Daytime phone number
- Vehicle license plate
2. If your car is undrivable, get it towed.
- If the police are not on the scene and have not called for a tow truck to move your vehicle, call Showcase Collision (586-979-6450) and we will arrange towing.
- Avoid storage and extra towing fees by having your vehicle brought directly to Showcase Collision & Auto Care.
- Remember to remove all of your personal belongings and valuables from the vehicle before it’s towed away.
Tip: Be wary… some independent tow truck drivers receive a kickback for recommending a particular collision repair shop.